PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Issues for Interop testing

Re: PMP> Issues for Interop testing

JK Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 03:30:24 -0500

Lloyd,

Early on, when plans started to firm up for this 2nd interop test,
I thought I had asked quite clearly that the PWG define a set of
very common alert situations, then specify which types of alerts
should be generated for those situations. That way a management
application could have half a chance at deriving consistent semantics
across different implementations.

I hope to drive this issue to completion as part of the debrief
session following the testing period. The original idea was to have
a PWG-wide debrief session during the PWG meeting following (and
adjacent to) the testing period. I am pretty disappointed that
your plan is now to perform this debrief during a telecon to be held
sometime later.

I thought that the reason we moved the PWG meeting to coincide with
the testing period was so that these kinds of issues could be quickly
resolved by the PWG, given that a large body of participants would be
present (and not just the folks involved with the testing). Somehow
the wires got crossed on this one. It would be nice if the wires
could be uncrossed so that we can get this MIB behind us.

...jay

-- JK Martin | Email: jkm@underscore.com --
-- Underscore, Inc. | Voice: (603) 889-7000 --
-- 41C Sagamore Park Road | Fax: (603) 889-2699 --
-- Hudson, NH 03015-4915 | Web: http://www.underscore.com --