UPD Mail Archive: UPD> Movement from DTD to Schema

UPD> Movement from DTD to Schema

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 16:09:42 EDT

    Ok, this might be a heavy one.
    Today we are using dtd syntax to describe our format.
    That looks more and more old-fashioned.
    Schemas, which in my understanding are not totally different and do the same job - just better, seem to be more contemporary.
    I question ourselves, whether we want to move to schemas?
    Conversion should be doable. A problem might be our including of other dtd.
    When checking my XML Authority, it offers me some schemas, not just one. XDR and XSD sound familiar to me, as I have heard those names before, but I don't dare to make a decision by myself.
    I guess we have to decide on exactly one.

    Input heavily requested!

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principle Software Engineer