UPD Mail Archive: UPD> composite features

UPD> composite features

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 08:14:38 EST

    We have added an attribute UserExtensible to the CompositeFeature element. Default of this boolean is true. If a composite feature is user extensible the user can assemble a new ComponentSet and those can be deleted again. ComponentSet elements created by the printer manufacturer can never be deleted.
    I have created one small sample for 'Media' so far, just to have something to show and discuss. Two predefined media records plus one for discussion purpose. Here I mainly assign a UI string for a new media created by the end user. Where else would we get that string from? Do we need that string (and therefore the record) at all?

    To keep everything consistent not only generic features get an ID to identify the feature, but all predefined features as well (fixed attribute) as composite features.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade
    Principal Software Engineer
    Advanced Development / Connectivity