UPD Mail Archive: UPD> 0.85, namespaces: Locale schema

UPD> 0.85, namespaces: Locale schema

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 08:35:41 EST

    I updated the locale schema on the ftp site.

    Details:
    - removed the user interface section.
    - changed all elements to complex types.
    - to do: we are still working with Predefined_ID, Proprietary_ID instead of a union. this is the next step. I assume some people would like a pattern for free entries (previously Proprietary_ID). If somebody is fast with those declarations, please jump in.
    - to discuss: watching other schemas in PWG I see that attribute and element declarations seem to be located in different schemas. We have the attributes in "UPDF Data Types.xsd" so far and I left the element declarations (the complex types) in the locale schema. questionable, if we want to source these out. Wouldn't be a big job. And wouldn't change anything for the developer creating the device descriptions (s/he wouldn't even notice).

    Regards
    Norbert

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive