UPD Mail Archive: UPD> Finishing features

UPD> Finishing features

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 09:31:02 EST

    We have finished reviewing the finishing features.
    While having a close eye on the finishing as implemented in the Semantic Model, we recognized that we would need a more specific split of different finishing functionality.

    While the Semantic Model has one large list of possible finishing settings, we think that some of those settings are mutually exclusive, while others work well with each other.

    So we created a number of predefined features, even extended the ones we had so far.
    However we were careful referring to the element and attribute names of the SM as much as possible.
    We think we resolved the needs we have while staying close to the SM design.
    Especially with the composite features in your mind you have any flexibility you need.

    Check it out.
    The files are on the UPDF site.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade