Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 17 15:54:05 EST 1997

>The awkwardness of having get-attributes for both
>printer and job objects depends on how you implement
>the server.

Then why not make 2 separate methods and avoid constraining the
implementation?  Keep in mind that implementers don't always get to sta=
rt from
a clean slate.  One might be reusing legacy code, or extending an exist=
ing
product, or using a platform that makes multi-threading difficult.

  -Carl

        ipp-owner at pwg.org
        12/17/97 07:59 AM
Please respond to ipp-owner at pwg.org @ internet