IPP> Re: draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 7 20:57:14 EDT 2004

Hi Scott. Thanks for your note and interest in progressing the IPP-OPs
draft. Our main problem is fairly evident. Economics being what they are,
we have run aground in terms of finding editor cycles. I'm beating the
bushes and evaluating my own bandwidth.

I agree that it is essential to discuss security requirements for admin
ops. There must be other projects, drafts etc who have encountered similar
requirements. It might help (speed things up) if you could point me to a
reference which you feel would align with our admin security requirements
in terms of scope and approach.
Harry Lewis
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

"Scott Hollenbeck" <sah at 428cobrajet.net>
04/07/2004 05:09 AM

<carl at manros.com>
cc
Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM at IBMUS, <hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com>, Harry
Lewis/Boulder/IBM at IBMUS, <ipp at pwg.org>
Subject
draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03

The subject document has been sitting in the "IESG Evaluation :: Revised
ID
Needed" state for 18 months.  What do you all wish to do with this
document?
Here's the IESG comment that needs to be addressed:

"The Security Considerations section should be more explicit
about the security required for administrative operations. The fact
that these operations may need to be protected, even in an
environment where printing related operations may not be."

There are also some minor changes that will need to be made due to changes
in the way the IETF does Internet-Drafts, such as splitting the references
into normative and informative subsections.

I want to help move this document along, but I need one of the authors or
someone else in the WG to stop up to the final editing task.  Who is
willing
to do that?

-Scott-
Apps AD