[SM3] Items to discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting

[SM3] Items to discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting

[SM3] Items to discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Mon Jul 21 20:11:19 UTC 2014


All,
I would not recommend moving MediaType.  It can be copied to MediaCol.  (I thought it already was included.)  But the reason MediaType was added as a top level attribute was for Microsoft compatibility.  MediaType and MediaSize are both used in media selection on Microsoft.  It was felt that requiring the entire MediaCol just to pick up MediaType was overkill. 
I'm not sure of what to make of #1 below without more details.

Peter Zehler


Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com
Office: +1 (585) 265-8755
Mobile: +1 (585) 329-9508
FAX: +1 (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Palo Alto Research Center Incorporated
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

-----Original Message-----
From: sm3-bounces at pwg.org [mailto:sm3-bounces at pwg.org] On Behalf Of Ira McDonald
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 4:00 PM
To: Semantic Model 3.0 Workgroup discussion list; Ira McDonald
Subject: Re: [SM3] Items to discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting

Hi Daniel,

This change to PJT *spec* (removing MediaType as a top-level
element) as well as others (removing XxxSupplied and adding plain equivalent input elements, e.g., Compression) CANNOT be done by Call For Objections (because of technical changes).

A new version of PJT is necessary (also adding the large number of missing FinishingsCol member attributes), passing through the full PWG Process steps (Initial, Interim, Prototype, Stable, SM last call, PWG Last Call, and PWG Formal Vote).

For discussion at PWG F2F - is this a minor (1.1) or major (2.0) update?  In my opinion, it's a major update (because not backward compatible w/ 1.0 version).

Cheers,
- Ira


Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect) Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB Blue Roof Music / High North Inc http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094 Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434



On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Manchala, Daniel <Daniel.Manchala at xerox.com
> wrote:

> While going through the SM3 schema, Bill came up with a few items to 
> discuss at the forthcoming F2F meeting in Toronto to be held in Aug 2014.
>
>
> 1.       Group of elements in the current job ticket are inappropriate and
> are probably related to the receipt.
>
> 2.       Change MediaType from top level to lower level in the MediaCol
> tree => change the print job ticket schema. Should we do a call for 
> objections? This will make us to make changes both to the schema and 
> the
> SM3 document.
>
> Attendees at the meeting:
> Bill Wagner
> Paul Tykodi
> Norbert Schrade
> Rick Yardumian
> Daniel Manchala
>
> _______________________________________________
> sm3 mailing list
> sm3 at pwg.org
> https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/sm3
>
_______________________________________________
sm3 mailing list
sm3 at pwg.org
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/sm3


More information about the sm3 mailing list