[WIMS] Re: [PMP] MFD Alerts Project Charter

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:31:48 UTC 2011

I've reviewed this charter and proposed edits in PDF highlights
and hover/pop-up comments posted at:

Similar comments about numbering and stages for the other two

project charters.

And PLEASE remove the illegal uppercase characters (under

the 7-year-old PWG Naming Policy) in the these other two

charter filenames.

- Ira

Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Christmas through April:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
May to Christmas:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:12 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net>wrote:

> The PWG Process requires new working groups to have a charter that is voted
> on by the PWG as a whole. Working Groups were envisioned  as having a
> specific, defined and limited set of objectives, and an corresponding end
> date.  However, with the quasi-permanent nature of the WIMS/PMP working
> groups, we have fallen into the mode of initiating new projects as they seem
> reasonable, without going through the formal PWG process of creating  and
> having PWG-wide approval of  specific charter. This may lead to projects
> that do not have the  awareness and/or approval o f the overall PWG
> membership.
> At the last face-to-face meeting, three WIMS/PMP projects were identified.
> MFD Alerts
> Coherent MFD Management Interfaces
> CIM  Printer Profile
> It was agreed that these projects should have project charters and overall
> PWG approval before we proceed. I am creating draft project  charters for
> review by the WIMS/PMP, with discussion intended over the ail list and at
> the next  WIMS conference call, Thursday April 21 at 1PM EDT. The first
> charter draft, for MFD Alerts is at
> Please review and comment.
> Thanks,
> Bill Wagner