IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Review of the SNMP Notifications

RE: IPP> Review of the SNMP Notifications Method

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 18:51:46 EST

    Hi Ron,

    I just asked Harry Lewis this same question earlier
    this afternoon and he agreed. So did Tom Hastings
    a few minutes ago.

    So, unless someone strongly objects, in my spare time
    (hah!) I'll rework the IPP Notifications over SNMP
    proposal to generalize the 'jmPrinterEvent' trap to
    be 'jmDeviceEvent' (usable from Scanner MIB, MFP MIB,
    Fax MIB, or whatever). I'll *try* to get the new
    draft posted before the I-D cutoff on 10 March.

    Ron, what do you think about working this update to
    the Job Mon MIB via email and one or a few dedicated
    telecons? I can't travel to the PWG meetings. And
    in any case, they seem to be pretty full already with
    other topics.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald (consulting architect at Sharp Labs America)
      High North Inc