IPP Mail Archive: IPP> notification methods

IPP> notification methods

From: pmoore@peerless.com
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 11:31:46 EDT

    Following the SF meeting I would like to formally propose the following.

    1. If a device wants to expose human readable events then it MUST support the
    mailto method

    2. If a device wants to expose machine readable events then it MUST support the
    INDP method

    But we do not UNCONDITIONALLY require either.

    (Now dons flame-proof clothing and awaits flaming)